May 2, 2014

Potato Stamping

"Potato Stamping"
is the theme at The Craft Stamper Take It, Make It challenge blog  this time around!



There are some great ideas in the June issue of the magazine and
on the Craft Stamper Blog - with awesome prizes to be won!
PLUS:  The Design Team will have a look at all your gorgeous work and choose their top 3...and the overall winner will get published in Craft Stamper magazine!
AND: the Challenge winner will be offered a Guest Designer spot for an upcoming challenge!

It was great fun to make my own stamp...which was a first for me!
The nearest thing to doing this was when
I was in grade 6 at primary school 
and I had to do lino-cutting for an art class.



The leaf in the background was made by me!
I think there has been many times when I've gone to use a leaf
in one of my designs and can never find quite the right one.
So I was able to make this one with just the right
amount of movement in it that I wanted.

I think the trick is to not think about it too much.
Just do it!
First just do a rough plan on some scrap paper, keep it simple
~ and go for it.



This is pic of the "stamp" that I made! Cool hey!
I found that by cutting off all the outside bits made the shape 
easier to see 
so that I could place it on the card.  
And it worked beautifully with both Adirondak inks and Distress inks.  
In the end I used DI's purely for a colour match with the green 
 DI background.
Just keep some paper toweling handy so that you can stamp off the excess ink 
and to help keep the stamp from being too wet.


If you pop on over to the Craft Stamper Blog you will see the challenge details 
and some more inspiring samples by the DT.


11 comments:

Nikki Killinger said...

Absolutely beautiful card Dot, LOVE the leaf stamp! xx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Awesome card and love the potato stap

Laura Sterckx said...

Gorgeous card. The bird is so pretty and I LOVE the leaf stamp you used. Absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

rachel said...

wow - this is an amazing potato stamp - brilliant work xx

Linda said...

Love this Dot .... your leaf stamp is just perfect! Linda xx

Anneke said...

Beautiful carved leaf! Love your card!

ElizabethR said...

Dot that really is gorgeous and your stamp is brilliant! Elizabeth xxx

shirley-bee said...

Love the movement on your leaf stamp, Dot! They look like they're swirling through the air.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, great carving. A wonderful card.

Claire said...

Wow love the leaf stamp you made Dot, goregous card too
Claire xx

Karin said...

Gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at ATSC.
Hugs Karin