May 5, 2014

"Love Birds"

Ribbons and Bows
is the new challenge at Vintage Stamping Challenge
for the month of May.

These may not be actual love birds on this Flonz stamp (found here), but they are snuggling up
so I am imagining that that is what they are.
And with Spring coming out up North 
it seemed like a nice romantic, cuddly
Spring thing to stamp.


I bought myself a brayer last year...which I have only used once (shame, and shaking my head)
~ so on a whim I thought it might be nice to play with it.
I love the textured look that some of the rolling produced
and was really surprised by how easy it was.
Why haven't I got into this before???

Keeping with the theme of romance, that was stuck in my head, 
I thought pinks were a pretty colour to use.
For the ribbon part of the challenge I have made a junk bow and placed a flower on it.
If you use your imagination, the junk bow is almost
like a nest!

I hope you take the time to pop over to 
and check out the amazing talent and ideas from the team.
 Flonzcraft is offering a generous $20 gift voucher to the winner,
he offers an occasional spot prize
and there is always a top 3!



12 comments:

Sharon said...

This is gorgeou. I too don't know if they are lovely birds but they are beautiful. Love your background and embellishments.
Enjoy your bank holiday.
Hugs Sharon. x

Annie said...

Hi Dot....your card is beautiful and Romance looks very much alive for these two love birds. Love the colours and background as well as your embellishments. TFS Annie x

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

Wow, Dot, this is so romantic and beautiful.

Have a wonderful week.

Claire said...

Beautiful card Dot, gorgeous background in those lovely pinks and yep those birds do look loved up
Claire xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's such a wonderful piece of art.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card and those birds look so sweet together.
Yvonne

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful card Dot, gorgeous colour choice, really does give a romantic look to it. Love the junk bow.
Avril xx
p.s. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE it, Dot!

butterfly said...

Oh, lovely - such a sweet image and a really romantic card.
Alison x

annekescardart said...

Beautiful card. Wonderful color Anneke.

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Dot - love the background!

Nicoletta said...

Lovely card my dear!
Thanks for joining at TSM challenge!
Hugs
Nicoletta