May 9, 2014

"Bee My Honey"

"Potato Stamping"
is the theme at The Craft Stamper Take It, Make It challenge blog  this time around!



There are some great ideas in the June issue of the magazine and
on the Craft Stamper Blog - with awesome prizes to be won!
PLUS:  The Design Team will have a look at all your gorgeous work and choose their top 3...and the overall winner will get published in Craft Stamper magazine!
AND: the Challenge winner will be offered a Guest Designer spot for an upcoming challenge!

I have a friend who has bees on his property and I was taken into the world of millions of bees one day.  
While checking for honey, I was surprised by how grungy
the busyness inside the hives looked. 
(it's not as pretty as what is in the jars on the supermarket shelves)
I was the helper who had to stand and hold the boards while he checked what was going on honey wise...and I needed to think "happy thoughts" while being covered in swarming bees 
- I was told that happy bees don't bite through the suits! 
That blew my idea of being safe inside those white suits.



The bee and drips stamps I bought after that experience.
But for some reason I haven't been able to find a stamp of honeycomb...so...I have made my own for this card!
I know it looks a little basic, but I think it is effective as part of the background for this one.
No photo of the potato stamp this time 
because I kind of squished it.

For the background I used my roller to apply the ink which give beautiful texture which came up surprisingly well with a little distress ink over the top.


Oh, and I wasn't bitten!

Enjoy!


I would like to enter this into the following challenges ~


13 comments:

Amanda said...

Love this Dot not sure I could have coped with the bees though, gulp!!
Love
Amanda x

Fandhmum said...

Gorgeous, Dot
Rosie x

annekescardart said...

I love your work. I bechamelsaus a follower . Love to see more of your work. Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Brenda Brown said...

Glad you weren't stung by the bees and I love your bee card and stamping xx

Meggymay said...

Fantastic bees project, love the drips on the background.
Yvonne

Julie Ann Lee said...

Wow, I love the glorious honey colour of this and those wonderful drops - not to forget the fabulous bee! A great project! Julie Ann xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Thats's a wonderful card, fantastic elements.

butterfly said...

So, so cool - I adore your grungy bee!
Alison x

Lin said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the bee and the background is devine.

Where did you get that fabulous bee stamp?

Sorry it's taken me so long to approve your post but I have been offline and only got back on about an hour ago!

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Meggymay said...

Back with my Craft Cardmakers hat on. Thank you for joining us this time for our Bugs challenge.
Yvonne

baileyrosy.com said...

What a great project and so beautifully done what a pity you squished your potato stamp lol. You are brave interacting with the bees I'm afraid i would have been terrier and the bees would have known it ! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and more and good luck.

Marie

Kim x said...

This is fabulous Hun, and well done you for being brave enough to be with all of those bees.
Hexagons are very in aren't they I have several patterned hexagons, but the potato was a brilliant idea.
Thank you for entering my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
Hugs Kimx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Holy honey pot, Dot, I saw this on the Craft Stamper site and dislocated my jaw! That totally looks like gooey yummy honey. Your homemade honeycomb couldn't be better designed, the shadows and highlights are ridiculous. I'm so pinning and CASEing this!! Oh, and I'm happy to be your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd pop over and follow me, too, if you like! Hugs, Darnell