May 18, 2014

3D at FSC

"Spread Your Wings and Fly"

It is all about 3D this fortnight at FSC...
and you can 3D any object you like,
but it must be an object 
and it must have stamping on it, of course! 
The stamping must be the focal point of your creation.

This fortnight we have the super talented and so inspiring
Alison from Words and Pictures.
If you haven't found her blog yet, 
or just want to go browsing again, 
please pop on over and leave her some love...
it's a beautiful blog to visit.

We live is a 3D world and spend so much of our creative time putting our ideas down onto card.  
Well, not this fortnight. It's all about shaped items.
I went to the local bargain store and found a picture frame on sale ~ ~ for half price, and thought that will do!


before

It was pretty tacky - 
that's probably why they had reduced the price.
It was definitely in need of fixing up!


after


I decided not to colour the frame 
as I really wanted the picture in the middle to be the main focus.
Also, I thought that to add too much to the frame 
it would have been too cluttered
 and the image would have be lost.
Why is it so hard to keep it simple!




This gorgeous image (which I first saw used by Avril) has been a long time favourite of mine.
It always reminds me of Mia Farrow.
The image is totally feminine to me, seductive, quiet and tasteful with a touch of mystery.




To bring the butterflies from the image to the edge I simply used some distress stains on card
and spritzed some water, stamped the butterfly and cut it out.
There are 2 more at the bottom of the frame.

The girls at FSC have come up with some inspiring and very different versions on the theme this time.
Please pop on over and check out the awesomeness of the fashionettes,
 be inspired and maybe join in the fun.
Flonzcraft are our sponsors this fortnight and have a generous $20 gift voucher up for grabs,
there are spotlights and a top 3 as well.


Enjoy!

13 comments:

rachel said...

beautiful altering - love this xx

Amanda said...

Hi Dot, what a stunning makeover of this frame love what you have done to it and the image that it now contains.
Love
Amanda x

butterfly said...

A completely brilliant transformation (and it really needed it!)... love that crackle, and the end result is so chic and glamorous. Beautiful butterfly image - I love it! A gorgeous 3D make - thank you for having me along to play at FSC!
Alison xx

Buttons said...

You would NEVER have known what lay beneath this beautiful frame. I love the dramatic look of the white and red on this Dot. Another superb piece. Jenny x

danisart said...

oh what a beautiful frame!!! I love the image is perfect for it!!!!!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What an amazing alteration Dot! I love love love the crackled textured frame and that image is gorgeous. Great contrast between whites and reds. Adds beautiful drama! xxx

Julie Ann Lee said...

I see what you mean about Mia Farrow. She always had such an ethereal beauty and that is what this make has. I love the crackle, the butterflies and the sentiment. I'm dying to have a go at this challenge! I do hope I have time! Julie Ann xxx

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous textures on the frame and the image looks beautiful.
Yvonne

Mrs.B said...

Love what you have done to this frame Dot, and the image looks stunning with the red accents. Must give this image an airing!
Avril xx

Fandhmum said...

I love how you have altered this
Rosie x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful project, very elegant.

Claire said...

Gorgeous project Dot, love the focal image and the crackled frame looks fab
Claire xx

Esther said...

Dot this is soooo stunning and elegant, the frame is amazing and those beautiful butterflies are just fabulous..love everything about it...Esther xx