Apr 20, 2014

"Flying Things'

"Flying Things"
is the new challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
this fortnight!
We especially need to see that the stamping 
is the focal point on the project 
and that this must follow the format of the theme.

I've been in a butterfly kind of mood lately so I thought I would
keep it going for this challenge.


The background here is pure inky fun!
After a little distress ink is added to the card, splotching some distress stains, I've stamped a nice rich
flourish in matching colours.  Then I've added a layer with some script and butterfly stamping in burgundy.
I'm not sure about you, but I find splotching ink sooo much fun!

The main panel is a Stamper's Anonymous stamp on cream card with some
contrasting burgundy splotching.
The butterfly was stamped again, cut-out, coloured, glitzed and matted onto
burgundy cardstock.
To finish I've used a little twine and a heart fastened with some stapling.


The girls at FSC have come up with some inspiring and very different versions on the theme this time.
Please pop on over and check out the awesomeness of the fashionettes,
 be inspired and maybe join in the fun.
Flonzcraft are our sponsors this fortnight and have a generous $20 gift voucher up for grabs,
there are spotlights and a top 3 as well.


Enjoy!

16 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Love those butterflies Dot!
Gorgeous card and a wonderful inky background, love the colour.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Avril xx

Brenda Brown said...

Pure inky fun indeed Dot, a beautiful card and my favourites, butterflies.
Wishing you and yours a very happy Easter.
Hugs Brenda xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Beautiful Dot, I will just never get tired of Tim's beautiful butterflies, they are the best and look fantastic here with those gorgeous vintage colours! Have a happy sunny Easter!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful butterfly panel the background looks fantastic.
Yvonne

Claire said...

Beautiful card Dot, the inky background is gorgeous and I love the focal image. Hope you're enjoying the Easter weekend
Claire xx

Joan said...

Fabulous! Love that stamp and the background is a piece of gorgeous inkyness!

Esther said...

Gorgeous Dot - those colours are so rich and vibrant, I haven't tried splotching yet but it looks fun, gonna have to give it a go ! Esther xx

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

This is amazing, love it

Happy Easter

Terry said...

So beautiful, Dot! I so love those butterflies! That background is an inky paradise! Happy Monday!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous card in great color scheme.

Diane said...

Beautiful colors and design it has a nice vintage feel.

Hugs diane

butterfly said...

Gorgeous - fabulous colours and those butterflies look beautiful.
Alison xx

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous gorgeousness! Love these butterflies and your use of colour is wonderful!
Dot I wanted to say thank you for the lovely sweet comment you left on my blog for my technique entry - it was so very sweet of you so thank you very much.
I am also looking forward to seeing where my creative journey takes me lol! Karen x

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowwww, das ist einfach wunderschön. Very nice!

LG Carola

Sandy said...

Beautiful card here Dot love the details you achieved in that background and the butterflies are just beautiful.
Sandy :)

Buttons said...

I love the contrast between the stamped background and the butterfly panel. Great work Dot. Jenny x