Nov 4, 2013

"Follow Your Heart"

"Stamping With No Ink"

We have a new challenge this fortnight at FSC
which is stamping without using any ink...
but you can use inks for the background if you like.
Some ideas are using any type of paint, sprays, gesso,  bleach and so on
for your stamping.
It's a perfect opportunity to play with embossing folders and papers!
Or if you have dabbled a little with mixed media this is a perfect opportunity for you to have a play and experiment with other mediums...and have heaps of fun!



I had no plans for this piece...but I thought I would like to use a stencil that I hadn't used yet.
After inking the background I coloured the stencil in
 using Brilliance black and a stipple brush.
Some new stamps arrived a couple of days ago so I used the butterfly...
then added another one...
and then added another one - because it's always better with odd numbers
- using black gesso painted onto the stamp with a brush.

Still no plan...

Using black gesso as my "ink"
I did some crazy stamping that I saw Finnabair do here.
And because I had no plan...I used a stamp that said "just because..."

This is when I walked away
came back a while later and decided to turn it into a journal style! And one-layer.
(YES A PLAN!!!)
Soooo...some splats with distress stains, a little stenciling, some dripping of some watered down gesso, some bleach around the body of the image and on the butterflies, some splattering of white acrylic paint and rings of white Distress Paint  using texta tops.

I added some ivy along the bottom for balance and stenciled a heart around one of the butterflies.
I like how it gives a focal point for the girl to be moving towards.
 (and yes, I did think of that before doing it lol)

I decided to call this one "Follow Your Heart"
as that is how it was created.
Not everything we do has a reason...and is just because...

The girls at FSC have come up with some inspiring and very different versions on this theme.
Please pop on over and check out the awesomeness of the fashionettes,
 be inspired and maybe join in the fun.
Flonzcraft are our sponsors and have a generous $20 gift voucher up for grabs,
there are spotlights and a top 3 as well.


Enjoy!


I am entering this into the following challenges ~

27 comments:

Sue C said...

Fabulous project Dot ! Love the background and the silhouetted image looks great. Sue C x

Buttons said...

Gosh this is beautiful Dot. So atmospheric. Jenny x

Moira Gray said...

Fabulous love the colours.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hands Challenge Blog.

Moira DT xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous make Dot, such a lovely dreamy mood on this piece! Very atmospheric!

Viv's Visuals said...

Great project Dot!

Meggymay said...

Stunning project, the scene you created looks magical.
Yvonne

Mrs.B said...

Stunning - love the background colours with the black stamping, a great combination of images and words.
Avril xx

Brenda Brown said...

Brilliantly done Dot, love the background and one of my favourites is the crazy stamping, it looks fabulous.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Emily Leiphart said...

This is stunning, Dot! Really incredible. I would love to be able to make backgrounds like yours. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

butterfly said...

Absolutely dreamy, Dot... those colours are wonderful: mysterious, beautiful and full of daydream magic. I love the flourishes on the silhouette of the woman too - a lovely make!
Alison x

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

Dreamy it most certainly is, as though stepping into a magical world.
Very gorgeous indeed.
Wishes
Lynne

Claire said...

Gorgeous project Dot, love your new stencil and the background looks amazing
Claire xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous design, love the colours and background. Shirleyx

Heather said...

A wonderful card - such beautiful colours i your stencil with the flourishes are stunning!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Danni said...

How creative! Very striking! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!!

Suzanne K said...

Love the background, your designs are always awesome and this one is no exception. TFS Hugz

Fandhmum said...

Beautiful Dot, I love the way it just evolved
Rosie x

flossbite said...

This is gorgeous, really like it! Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie's challenge blog.
Hugs
Fiona x

Terry said...

Dot, that background is so becoming of that image! Beautiful not stamped creation! Hugs!

Ellie Knol said...

GORGEOUS, I just LOVE that background... !

Trish Latimer said...

GORGEOUS colours Dot, love it! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just beautiful, love the color scheme.

Julie Ann Lee said...

I love the drama of this - it just pulsates with amazing contrasts and it has such style. I loved the description of your process; you made it all sound so much fun! Thank you for exploring stamping without ink and giving such inspiration. Thank you also for following me! I am now following you! Julie Ann xx

Shirley Chillman said...

This looked as if it could be an all time fave Dot, that is if I hadn't seen your delicious make for tomorrow. Fickle or what, love them both.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x

Phew just got this in before the next challenge. Only two weeks late lol

Chrissie said...

This is another terrific piece Dot!
Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Craft Stamper this time!
Chrissie

Electra said...

Amazing. I appreciate you explaining your process, the end result is spectacular!

lehtipollo said...

What a beautiful piece of art!