Nov 4, 2013

"A Traditional Christmas"

"A Traditional Christmas"
is the new theme this month at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

Yes, it is coming up to that time of the year again...when we start looking
towards making our xmas cards for friends and family.
I hope you aren't like me and leave it all a little late
and then the big rush is on!
Every year I rush my way through the last half of November
and make a promise to myself that next year I will be more organised...
ummmm....at least I now have one card done!!!



I have kept this pretty simple because I think that xmas cards
shouldn't be overdone...
but I still wanted to play with my inks.
So I have used the wrinkle free technique for my background
- just using blues.
Then stamped some snowflakes...using different shades of DI's
and adding some glitter...
(sorry, it doesn't show up in this pic, but it is pretty)
Then I finished with some holly leaves and a little ice stickles.

The main image is from Flonzcraft and you'll find it here.
Flonz has some beautiful xmas stamps to pick from and I wish I haven't
ordered more!

I hope you take the time to pop over to Vintage Stamping Challenges
and check out the amazing talent and ideas from the team.
 Flonzcraft is offering a generous $20 gift voucher to the winner,
he offers an occassional spot prize
and there is always a top 3!


20 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful card Thanks for sharing this for CCAYR 'winter wonderland' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful card Dot with the cool blues and the holly adds that pop of colour.
hugs {brenda} x0x

brenda said...

Good morning, just popping in for my virtual and generic c/p visit to see your latest creations, say hello and hope you have a good week.

B x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very beautiful, love the die cut frame. Have a wonderful day, Shirleyx

Astrid Maclean said...

Totally gorgeous Dot, love that pretty frame and that deer stamp is awesome!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card, it looks so traditional as well.
Yvonne

Fandhmum said...

A really pretty card
Rosie x

Terry said...

I just love the wintery feel you have going on here, Dot! The framed deer is just gorgeous as are all the layers! Love it!

Susan Kennedy said...

This is so stunning!! I love it! Love the white and the blue. Wonderful layout! Love that holly too.. Its just perfect!!!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

ps... There is a DT Call over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A gorgeous card, great textured frame.

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Dot, love those rich blues. Hope you're having a good weekend
Claire xx

Julie Ann Lee said...

Hi Dot, from your new follower! I love this card. Blue is my favourite Christmas colour! This card reminds me of my childhood, when on Christmas Day, my mum would always have a Babycham! That little reindeer reminds me of their logo - so pretty and so retro! Lovely, vintage card! Julie Ann xx

Bettina L. said...

Gorgeous christmas card. Love the blue vintage feel and details with the frame and deer too. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for another challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous card, Dot, love that beautiful blue background! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

Lynne

Angela said...

Oh Dot your card looks so wonderful,the ink colors are so fantastic,i really like it.
Thank’s a lot for joining us at our V for Viven Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
Hope to see you again
Hugs and greetings
Angela DT

Francesca said...

Very Beautiful Christmas creation, thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck !

Francesca x

Shirley Chillman said...

Still chasing my tail sweets but nearly there.

This is another Dot special so very delicate and pretty. Love it hunny bunny.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowwww dot, love this Xmas card,,,,, with the glitter on your stunning die and the soft colors,,,,,,,, simple and time so adorable card,,,,,,,woww

butterfly said...

Another beauty... what a delicious festive card with that frosty frame!
Alison x

Electra said...

Wow, your cards are incredible!