Jan 12, 2013

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

This is just one of those cards that started out as an experiment, then turned grunge!
And that's ok.


This is the experimental part.
The funny thing is that I really liked this just the way it is...
it is inked, stamped on, torn pages from an old book added - and inked some more.
And I added texture with holey tissue paper.
Just a whole lot of fun really!!!

What I haven't shown is when I then splatted some bleach on, added more torn bits and then inked over it in blue hues.
My discovery for this fortnight is that you can paint the bleach on and have a more controlled area to work with instead of just splatters.

Then I had a break and came back in a grunge frame of mind!!!


I had no idea what to do with my background.
So I grunged it with black,
kept the main image simple
and added a grungy flower!

This flower is my favourite bit...I followed a tutorial in Craft Stamper 
using kraft glassine (July 2012 issue) 
and this was the first card that I've made that it seemed to go on beautifully.

Marina at Cottage Crafts is offering an online voucher to her store for the winner,
runners up and spotlights are up for grabs to!
The Fashionettes have some gorgeous inspiration for you so please pop on over to
FSC and check them all out and leave a little love...
These girls are amazing each and every time they create something!
Please be inspired and join in the fun...


Enjoy!



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges ~

28 comments:

Terry said...

Grunge is good and this is great! Playing with tissue paper is so much fun! Love the background and it is the perfect setting for the old jalopy! You rocked this!

Debi said...

great job Dot, i love the background and the flower is gorgeous! Debi x

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Dot! A masterpiece indeed! Love your background and your flower. Great image of the vintage automobile too. Have a great week. Hugs, Yvonne

Ros Crawford said...

What a great card this is ... I can see how much you've put into this ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Mrs.B said...

Hi Dot, LOVE your background and then the way you grunged it up - fab.
Flower looks amazing.
Avril xx

Buttons said...

Now from your description it sounded as though you had wrecked your background but actually I love the extra bleach and blue parts. They really help to stop the background disappearing into, well, the background!! They work so well with that fabulous image too. Great job again Dot. Hugs, Jenny x

Fliss said...

I think you've all excelled yourselves this time Dot as this is amazing too! What a fantastic textured background and it doesn't need any more than the image and flower as it would be a shame to cover it up any more!
Hugs, Fliss xx

Thrifty Finn said...

Grunge vintage! Nice work! Thanks for joining Craft Your Passiont this week!

Claire said...

Hi Dot, wow your background is fabulous and I love the flower - gorgeous card!
Claire xx

Meggymay said...

Fantastic grunge background, its a great card and the flower is a beauty.
Yvonne x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Dot, your card looks fantastic - love the background technique. Also the image is wonderful.

Sue C said...

Fabulous card Dot, love the background ! Sue C x

Brenda Brown said...

You sure have been having fun Dot and I see what you mean about the bleach, it allows you to add other colours easily. The flower is perfect and I love the added tickets. Another of your wonderful creations. Enjoy Adelaide. Thanks for the chat the other day.
Hope you've had a good weekend.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Linda R said...

WOW!! this looks amazing. That background looks great. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How awesome, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

lynne said...

That is an amazing background Dot and really all this card needed was a simple embellishment such as the flower, to allow that amazing stamping to shine.
Wishes
Lynne

Paper Profusion said...

This is wonderful Dot - I'm learning so many new techniques in my catch up this morning. The background looks fabulous and thanks for sharing how you made it. Love your flower. Nicola x

Ellie Knol said...

LOVe your background! I always love to see what all the DT members have done with the theme- this is beautiful, I like your take on the 'challenge'.


xxxx Ellie xxxx

Janny Jager 't Hooft said...

Amazing background Dot
The card is really really beautiful.
Greetings Janny

Charlene said...

Ho Dot!! So creative and awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card this week at CCCB :-)

Lynn Stevens said...

Sometimes its hard to cover up those awesome backgrounds. Its so cool the way it is.
Your card looks great, nicely done.
hugs Lynn

Ephemera said...

Hi Dot, firstly biggest apologises for being so late in commenting. Now onto this little beauty. This is grunge at its best, so stylish and the grunge background emphasises the sharp and clean stamping of your beautiful car. xx

Nelly's handmade said...

Lovely card! I like everything in it!

I'm glad to see you playing with us in the Crazy Challenge! Good luck and I hope to see you again :)))

Nelly
X

Esther said...

WOW you had fun !! Love your inky background and grungy finish..fab flower , they're one of my favs too!! Esther xxx

die amelie said...

Almost a shame you covered that awesome background with that "other stuff" *lol

No, not at all of course! Your card is awesome! (but that background is especially awesome I have to admit)

Hugs,

Claudia

Julia S-W said...

I love that background you created! It looks great behind your car image.
Juliax

♥ Mys ♥ said...

Beautiful card and I love the image:)
*Hugs, Inger*

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous love this design !